NEGOTIATION AND LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP
The educational philosophy and working premise is that participants are not beginners in the subject of negotiation and leadership, but with diverse and rich experiences who face daily challenging and complicated problems of persuasion, communication and strategic influence.
The aim of this workshop is to help participants improve their skills in
- Decision making process
- Leadership strategies
- Cultural interactions
- And conflict management process.
In addition, to preparing and perfecting a methodology to prepare and refine skills for future negotiations and daily labor interactions and complex situations.
The workshop is designed and oriented to the requirements, needs and challenges of the participants.
The objectives are that each participant achieves:
- Increase your individual skill as a negotiator, focusing particularly on the handling of situations where both individual achievement and the employment relationship are important.
- You will learn how to achieve better outcomes at the bargaining table.
- Help them meet their personal style as a negotiator and explore what techniques and why they might be effective or not
- Discover how to win, not by defeating the other side, but by heping the other side.
- Be better prepared to acquire support from your organization as you lead future negotiations.
- Make a inventory of your personal style and explore why and what their techniques are operational and effective
- Create relationships, enforcing engagement as “who we are”, “what are we doing”, and “how will we do it”.
- Share and complement an analytical framework and tools for preparing and conducting negotiations, developed at the Harvard Negotiation Project by Professor Roger Fisher and his collaborators
To achieve these objectives, the workshop uses a wide variety of tools:
- Careful analysis of the negotiation and leadership process
- Detailed building in every session an ongoing value working in groups
- Careful analysis of the process of learning from experience to real stages.
Whether you’re an experienced executive or an up-and-coming manager working in the private or public sector, this program will help you shape important deals, negotiate in uncertain environments, improve working relationships, create more value, and resolve seemingly intractable disputes.
Good part of the workshop will be devoted to master classes, its main focus will focus on negotiating and analyzing a series of exercises designed to highlight the concepts involved in the negotiation process.
Negotiation and leadership exercises are taken from different contexts, both legal and personal, business or international, bilateral and multilateral, and developed in groups.
Show how the application of these tools can help you to increase negotiation and leadership skills, creating value and sustainable relationship helping process in the future.
Workshop schedule will be handed to each participant the first day of the workshop.
“Negotiation and Leadership Workshop”
June 9 to 13, 2014
at The Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study
at Harvard University
Cambridge, Massachussetts United State
With simultaneous translation
- Check the validity of your passport and visa for entry into United States for those who require it.
- At the airport, the first step is to pass through immigration customs. You will be asked for the reason for your visit, for which we recommend responding that you are in the country as a tourist, for business for a conference. Remember that the workshop is only 40 hours long and does not require a student visa.
- The taxi from the airport in East Boston to the hotel can cost approximately U.S. $40 – $50. Most taxis are metered, and POS to pass a credit card. However, it is safer to have cash at hand.
- We recommend you leave your passport, airline tickets and any valuables in the hotel safe.
- Due to the dynamics of the work, remember that it is essential to be on time and attend the workshop. To avoid interrupting the instructors, cell phones should be turned off upon entering the classroom.
- We suggest you always wear your CMIIG credential, which is handed to you at the beginning of the workshop. This makes it easier for teachers and other participants to identify names.
- We suggest traveling with business cards to hand out to the other participants.
- Once in Cambridge, MA the participant’s names will be verified for accuracy to ensure that the participant’s names will appear correctly on the certificates, which will be issued by CMI International Group, LLC.
- The workshop location is three blocks from Harvard Square Train Station where there are many places for lunch. Lunch time is approximately one hour and half.
Place and Directions
Gym Coliseum Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Studies
10 Garden St. Cambridge, MA 02138
Telephone: (617) 495-8617
CMIIG headquarters (617) 547-4610
Vania Calderón (617) 593-9954
- You are in Harvard Square at the exit of the subway (MBTA).
- Cross the street at the pedestrian lights and walk towards the CVS pharmacy.
- Walk towards the intersection of Massachusetts Ave
- Upon arriving at the intersection continue on the Massachusetts Avenue on your left (do not cross the street).
- Walk until you reach the Garden Street. On your left will walk along the Old Brying Ground (cemetery).
- Keep walking straight until you see an entry identified with the sign: Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study. Irwin Gate.
- Upon entering, walk along the path until you find a garden with several surrounding houses.
- The main house is marked with a red banner saying “Welcome to Harvard” (Welcome to Harvard).
- On your right hand side you will find the home of the Radcliffe Gymnasium (10 Garden Street Cambridge, MA).
- Go to the second floor where it is at Coliseum Gym Hall.
- Workshop hours will be from 8:30 am (starting time) to 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (the end of the day depends on the dynamics or discussions), with breaks during the morning 10:30 a.m., lunch 12:15 p.m. until 2:00 p.m. and afternoon break 4:00 p.m..
- On Monday June 9, the workshop will begin at 8:00 a.m. with the presentation of credentials and background materials.
- On Friday, June 13, class will end at 1:00 p.m.. Following the luncheon will begin the closing of the workshop and the delivery of certificates, which are provided by CMI International Group, LLC and will be held at the Harvard Faculty Club.
- No formal dress is required during the course of the Workshop. However, the Harvard Faculty Club, where the closing lunch will be held, requires formal dress for the occasion.
- When selecting the clothes to travel, you should note that the date coincides spring temperatures, however, the heating inside buildings are strong in enclosed spaces and public transport.
- It is advisable to wear comfortable light clothes, for greater certainty we recommend to check the “weather forecast” for the temperature for the workshop week by visiting www.weather.com and selecting Cambridge, MA.
Below you will find a number of questions you may have in the process of your participation to our Workshops, and always you are welcome to contact us for further questions:
1. How I can book my quota?
- The quota will be reserved by those who have completed the Registration form and paid the sign of their tuition.
- Where quotas are complete before the first registration deadline (October 25, 2013) be given priority to those who have completed full payment of their tuition.
2. How I can process my registration?
- Please search the Registration form, fill it with all the info and choose a payment method.
- You can also do this by contacting your nearest office or staff can assist you in the process.
3. How I can make my reservation of accommodation?
- Select on the Hotel Reservation form your preferred hotel for your stay, your arrival and departure date , room type and complete the details of international credit card to guarantee it. CMIIG process it will handle the hotel selected (official hotels).
4. How to choose where to stay?
- You can stay wherever you want though, for those who wish it, we have corporate rates at 5 distinctive Hotels in the area, all conveniently located in relation to the location where the activities take place and where we can arrange to make your reserves.
5. Where is the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study located?
- The Radcliffe is located in the city of Cambridge: 10 Garden Street, Cambridge, MA 02138 Cambridge is a town separate from Boston just across the Charles River.
6. What is the airport I arrive?
- The airport you should arrive at the Logan International Boston. The airport code is BOS.
7. What is the suggested attire?
- Suggested dress is casual except for the first day shall be taking the group photo and lunch closing, which will be formal (jacket and tie for men).
8. Will I have time during the event, to explore Boston and its surroundings?
- CMI International Group, is preparing a tour of the major attractions of both the City of Cambridge and Boston as part of the entertainment. We recommend that those wishing to explore more of the City of Boston and its environs, arrive early or stay longer after completion of the program, because, during it, it will be difficult to have more extra time to walk.
9. How will the weather be?
- Cambridge is a cold city in the winter and the opposite during the summer. The workshop will be held early Summr, so surely we have a hot and humid weather with a temperature between 65 and 80 degrees. more info…
The investment for this workshop is in U.S. dollars or the equivalent currency of the country of registration:
|USD: $3,995||For registrations until October 25, 2013|
|USD: $4,245||For registrations after October 25, 2013|
The investment includes:
- Books of each presenter
- Final reception
- Lunch and presentation of certificates at the Harvard Faculty Club
- Simultaneous translation – English to Spanish
- Support materials
- Tour to the city
- Tour to the University
Payments are to be made in U.S. dollars, by bank transfer to the CMIIG account at the Bank of America or Cambridge Portuguese Credit Union.
BANK OF AMERICA
727 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA. 02138 -USA
Phone: (617) – 324 – 6307
|ABA #: 026009593 (Domestic)
Swift Code: BOFAUS3N (International)
Name: CMI International Group, LLC.
|CAMBRIDGE PORTUGUESE CREDIT UNION
493 Somerville Avenue
Somerville, MA. 02143 – USA
Phone: (617) – 547 – 3144
|ABA #: 211381673
Name: CMI International Group, LLC.
Payment may also be made by credit card in our website enrollment form
To request authorization forms, contact email@example.com or your local country representative.
Cash payments are directly handled by your local representative.
Registration form is available at:
- In the event of cancellation, Please refer to the cancellation policies.
- Registration will not be complete until the enrollment fee is paid in full.
- Complete enrollment fee must be received by our offices before October 25, 2013.
Each participant will stay where you want, however, the organization has five options-a hotel corporate rates, which we detail below. Reservations at these hotels will be managed directly by CMI International Group., or also by the participant using the special booking code:
To request a reservation must include in its listing of hotel reservation, the following information:
- Hotel selected
- Date of arrival and departure
- Room type
- If you share the room, you must indicate with whom
- Data from an international credit card, including: Type (MC, VISA), number, verification code (digits located on the back, over the signature area) and expiration date
- The information in the credit card is required by the Hotel for the sole purpose of guaranteeing the booking, the payment will be made through this or any other form of payment, when the guest leave the hotel
- Reservations canceled or changed out of date may have additional charges Reservations will be accepted only until October 28, 2013
Name/ Address/ Telephone
Hyatt Regency Cambridge
575 Memorial Dr.
Cambridge, MA. 02139-4896
Individual: $209.00 + 14.45%
Double: $234.00 + 14.45%
Triple: $259.00 + 14.45%
Quadruple $284.00 + 14.45%
Homewood Suites by Hilton
1 Massachusetts Avenue
Arlington, MA. 02474
Individual: $189.00 + 11.7%
Double: $189.00 + 11.7%
Triple: $199.00 + 11.7%
King Suite: $209.00 + 11.7%
Toll Free: 800.882.1818
Reservations click Group
Attendee Code: JULYCMI
Deluxe: $299.00 + 14.45%
Hotels Reservation Form: Workshop November 04-08,2013
Please select your reservation
All professionals and executives:
- General managers
- Directors of public agencies
- Board members
- Corporate consultants
- Medical center directors
- Social leaders
- Political leaders
- Religious leaders
Involved in negotiation, leadership and frequent interaction with transactions social, economic and political and strategic influence either holding positions in business, government or developing their business independently.
The master classes are structure shared with participants, Model emerged Negotiation Project at Harvard University, its most recent developments and their application in the field by CMI International Group.
These classes will be taught by professors from Harvard University, members of the Harvard Negotiation Project: CMIIG consultants will be assisted.
Another part of the workshop will be led to the study of cases from different contexts and for analysis in a group that will allow experimentation with the model of negotiation and implementation, in the process of its own repertoire of skills.
The discussion and collective review to be held in working groups enable the exchange of ideas and experiences very enriching, in turn, generate a continuous self-assessment method.
The days of class, therefore, be highly dynamic and participatory daily tasks will be assigned as reading and preparing for the next day exercises that require one to two hours of extra work.
For the success of the workshop and the normal development of the program requires:
- Prompt attendance at all workshop activities
- If you have to leave for one or more days, shall notify any member of CMIIG.
- To be considered a participant at the workshop must meet all registration requirements.
- Registration Form complete
- Passport size photograph
- Full payment of their tuition
- Extra services can offer CMIIG support of their participation (hotel, transportation from airport to hotel, etc.).
- In the event of force majeure, we reserve the right to modify the workshops in order to meet objectives, and to turn down registrations due to limited space.
- Participants who have registered and paid in full who give thirty (30) days advance notice of non-attendance, You will receive a credit of 70% towards any future workshop, this credit will expire in 12 months.
- Participants who have registered and paid in full, and give fifteen (15) days advance notice of non-attendance will receive a 50% credit toward a future workshop, to expire in 6 months.
- Participants who give no advance notice will forfeit the entire amount paid.
- CMIIG is not responsible for any unforeseeable events which may prevent your attendance.
No Reviews found for this course.